Thursday 13 March 2014

Narrative Photography

 NARRATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY

After looking at the work of Martin Parr, I decided that I would like to take imagery in his style.
I wanted to use the same idea of high contrast, traditional local photos, therefore I went out to a seaside with my digital camera.
I used a flash coming through the lens when creating all my imagery in order to make my images bright and have high clarity and that boldness that Parr's images all have.
I decided to take images at this beach resort as it is local to me and that is what Parr did in his projects such as 'Think of Britain' and 'Only in England' which I have been looking at. I wanted to portray this idea on a smaller scale and document things that traditionally make me think of my heritage and home.
I look the image (Above, Right) after looking into Parr's project 'Life's a Beach' and finding similar photographs, I wanted to recreate his imagery with my own twist to begin with to get a feel for this idea and his style of photography, before I create my own version of narrative images.
I took the photograph with the intentions of creating a bright, bold image that has no real age, so that it could've been taken now or 10 years ago.
I edited my image on Photoshop Lightroom and increased the Vibrance, Clarity and Saturation to make the image look sharp and striking.
I used the image (left) from Martin Parr's collection for inspiration as I immediately thought of this image when taking mine and although they are different the main feature is still the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment