Tuesday 11 March 2014

MARTIN PARR   

After looking into Martin Parr's England photographs for inspiration, I realised a lot of his imagery is of food and drink . The images are all really striking because they are bright and bold and in really sharp focus. These images below would actually work as a series alone and are range of photographs from Parr's projects such as 'Only in England' and 'Think of England'. These images are all really brightly coloured but the main colour that runs through these images is red and although these images aren't intentionally a series, I am unsure if Parr intended on this red colour scheme to represent England?
The red colour scheme does have a lot of clarity and I think that the boldness makes the images look aged, in my opinion these images look like they are from the early to mid 90's just by first glance.

After looking at these images I would like to experiment with making bright, contrasty, bold images.
I am going to try this by taking photographs with a high flash through the lens to make the subject as bright as the object. I will be using Martin Parr's imagery as inspiration when creating my imagery, to go with the concept of England and representing the country through photographs




No comments:

Post a Comment