Thursday 13 March 2014

NARRATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY - Progressing My Imagery


After shooting with a flash in day light to make my images bright in the style of Martin Parr to get the same dateless, bold, striking imagery in order to produce a series of images that similar to his portray traditional aspects of a place (for example in Parr's case 'Think of England', 'Only in Britain' and 'Life's a Beach' are the some of the works in which he shows his British Heritage through). I used Photoshop to edit some of the photos from my first shoot yet after experimenting with this I decided to change to lightroom as I found it easier to get the result I wanted, on the majority of my images I have increased the clarity, vibrance and hue in order to make my images have bold colours and stand out and be striking, this worked well in making my photos look aged and dateless I believe. The majority of my photographs were taken at beach resorts and holiday destinations around my area (The North East) as most of my inspiration had came from Parrs work and I wanted to show my heritage how other people see it whilst still keeping the influence of my research in mind.
I will continue to use Lightroom to produce my photographs as I find it easier to produce the correct style I want I only find this easier by personal opinion due to the layout of the programme but I prefer to use Lightroom when managing digitial files as it acts as a database for importing and exporting which I also find easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment