Thursday 15 May 2014


 LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY

Today, I went out shooting for the first time using a 5x4 medium format film camera, I learn the basics about how to set the camera up and set the exposure, shutter speed and ISO then step by step learned how to shoot my film using this camera.
A medium format camera has similar features to shooting with 35mm such as the way the camera works yet on a much larger more intricate way, the camera is fitted with a ground glass viewing in order to ensure precision and gain dimensions, the benefits of using this type of camera mean that bigger film is used and therefore bigger works can be created without losing detail.
I took both images using a light meter and set the camera at similar settings manually for both, after developing these I was happy with the outcome of the negatives as I believe they were exposed well.


No comments:

Post a Comment